'To err is human'
New Juveniles' Criminal Law In Effect Since January 1, 2019-Senate Bill 1391-
Starting January 1, 2019, in California prosecutes no longer are able to try teenagers younger than 16 accused of murder, rape or other serious crimes as adults.
New Law 2019- Juvenile Justice Legislation AB 1584-
This law prohibits a law enforcement officer from acquiring DNA from an alleged participating or suspect minor in a crime investigation in the absent of supervising adult in compliance with the Welfare & Institutions Code §625.4.
When Can A Juvenile Be Charged With Felony?
Some may be Wobbler and filed as Misdemeanor others as Felony depending on the circumstances and the arresting officer and presence of witnesses.
.Driving While Under the Influence with prior record of arrest
.Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs,when....
.Was involved in a traffic accident.
.Is observed in or about a vehicle that is obstructing a roadway.
.Will not be apprehended unless immediately arrested.
.May cause injury to himself or herself or damage property unless immediately arrested.
.May destroy or conceal evidence of the crime unless immediately arrested; such as the metabolic destruction of alcohol in a DUI suspect's body (the "burn off" rate) qualifies as the "destruction of evidence".
-Battery on School Grounds during school hours.
-Carrying a Loaded Firearm
-Assault or Battery Against the Person of a Firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician, or Paramedic.
-Assault with deadly weapon, that includes attempt to to harm while operating vehicle.
- Probation Violation-DA wants 2 years Jail for my teenage client, I got the Probation Reinstated he is free to put his life back together. You Don't want to be in the state's already overcrowded jails nor prisons.
Once your probation is successfully completed you may be able to petition the court to reduce your conviction from a felony to a misdemeanor
- The jury found my teenage client not guilty, he was charged with aggravated assault, a felony, for waving his knife at another and slashing the neck, it was witnessed by group of young men.
- Probation Violation-DA wanted 2 years Jail for my teenage client, I got the Probation Reinstated he is free to put his life back together.
- I reduced Felony charges of premeditated theft at a high end department store by a teenager to No Jail Time Misdemeanor 6 months probation, at the end of six months the case will be dismissed and record sealed for good.
- 16 years old injured another on the neck during Saturday night hangout, escaped the scene in another friends car-trunk, we asked for trial, the teen was found not guilty